CLEVELAND (WJW) – School officials are investigating reports that a Riverside School student passed out marijuana-laced gummies to other students Monday afternoon.
According to the Cleveland Metropolitan School District, four students told school officials they may have eaten food provided by another student.
EMS crews were called to the school and checked on the students before sending them home with their parents. School officials say there was no overdose in the incident.
The student who passed the candy will face punishment if the allegations are found to be true, officials say.
“Those whose behavior at school is harmful to themselves and others face serious consequences, including expulsion and suspension,” Principal Jessica Gamble said in a message to families.
The message said parents and guardians should keep medicines and potentially harmful items out of reach of children.