Studio Wildcard has Announced ARK: Survival Ascendedan Unreal Engine 5-based remaster of ARK: Survival Evolved, for PlayStation 5, Xbox Series and PC. It will be released in August.
When ARK: Survival Ascended releases, servers for the original ARK: Survival Evolved will close
Get all the details below.
He ARK: Survival Ascended The base game will include “The Island”, “Survival of the Fittest” and all “Non-Canon” DLC maps (to be added to ARK: Survival Ascended over time).
Xbox Series and PC prices
Xbox Series X|S and PC players will only be able to get it through a maximum value bundle known as “ARK respawned package This package includes ownership of both ARK: Survival Ascended and ARK II and will be priced at $49.99. This package will be available for purchase from the end of August for up to one year (after which ARK: Survival Ascended and ARK II will be sold separately). In addition, the pack will give players access to an exclusive one-month closed beta to ARK II in 2024 before the rest of the general public can play ARK II.
PlayStation 5 prices
PlayStation 5 users will be able to get their hands on ARK: Survival Ascended as a next-gen standalone game upon its release in August 2023 for $39.99.
Expansion Pack Pricing
All expansion packs will be sold separately on all platforms:
- $19.99 for Explorer’s Pass, which includes Scorched Earth, Aberration (Q4 2023), and Extinction (Q1 2024).
- $19.99 for Genesis Pass, which includes Genesis Part 1 (Q1 2024) and Genesis Part 2 (Q2 2024).
In ARK: Survival Ascended‘s, players will have access to “The Island”, “Scorched Earth” and the newly revamped game mode, “Survival of the Fittest”.
Improvements and Improvements
In addition to many other new features, ARK: Survival Ascended It will feature the following enhancements and enhancements:
- Unreal Engine 5 review with Nanite, Lumen and RTXDI
- Dynamic Water
- Interactive foliage
- Unreal Engine 5 performance improvements: instancing (large bases, etc.), threaded server networking, and native physics engine.
- Cross platform multiplayer
- This includes cross platform accounts and cross progression, voice chat and cross friends etc. No matter which platform you start playing on, you can access your account, character, dinos, and items on a different platform for the best crossover. platform experience.
- cross-platform modification
- We recognize the power of giving players the tools and ability to define their survival experience, so we want to take it a step further across platforms by working with superwolf to introduce an industry-first cross-platform modding experience where mods created on PC are delivered directly to end-users’ consoles from a custom modding backend.
- The mod ability will include FULL support for blueprints ;), stacked mods, and maps. Everything that is currently possible on the Steam version of ARK: Survival Evolved and more will be possible on the new system and will be available for end users to play on consoles in all modes.
- Premium Mods: Reviewed by Overwolf and Wildcard for quality and value control, Mod authors will optionally be able to specify price points for their Mods (with 50% of the price point going to the Mod author). This is required to pay for the custom infrastructure required for Overwolf to support, manage, and deliver Mods to the console.
- We plan to expedite the process of upgrading legacy mods from ARK: Survival Evolved to the next-gen platform. We plan to reach out to current/former sponsored modders in preparation for the ASA release with the tools they need to get their mods ready before launch.
- Cross-platform anti-cheat
- survival of the fittest
- “Survival of the Fittest” will be integrated into the main product as a fully supported new game mode. It will have a dedicated team that will continue to work on more gameplay changes, mechanical improvements, quality of life, maps, and balance adjustments. The initial mode will be renewed with an exclusive ARK: Survival Ascended update, including:
- Updated to Unreal Engine 5 with full cross-platform and cross-mod support (Unreal Engine 5 “Survival of the Fittest” source content will be released for modders to use as they wish within ARK: Survival Ascended).
- Map “Survival of the fittest” – “Scorched Earth”.
- Matchmaking queue.
- Customization of characters and creatures with cosmetics.
- Local lobby where you can group up with your friends, set up your survivor skin and dinos, and queue for the lobbies together.
- Many bug fixes and improvements to balance and functionality.
- Art assets update throughout the entire game.
- The newly designed Christmas events take advantage of the next-gen pipeline, released as mods, so they’re always available to play!
- New content, quality of life improvements, balance, and gameplay changes, including but not limited to:
- Updated minimap (pan, zoom, pings, etc., similar to “Survival of the Fittest” minimap).
- New structures (showcases, smaller TEK teleporters) and building quality of life improvements (instant fixes, increased foundation support, foundation height adjustments, and more).
- queue system.
- New third-person camera (with the option to unsubscribe).
- Directional sprint and walk.
- Ping system.
- Gamepad cursor.
- Chibi slots and skins tab.
- Balance Passes (ex. Cave Entrances, MEKs, Aberrant Creatures, More Breedable Creatures, etc.).
- …and more! (Seriously, a lot more, this list isn’t exhaustive, but it will get really long if we list everything, and we’ll also decide to do more between now and launch.)
We understand that there will be questions about LiveOps for the product, so we’ll go over a few key areas now.
- Final content update – In June for ARK‘s 8th Anniversary, we will launch ARK: Survival EvolvedThe final content update of, featuring the fan-voted Rhyniognatha.
- multi platform – It’s important to put attention on ARK: Survival Evolved and ARK: Survival Ascended it will coexist but will not support crossplay between the two games. ARK: Survival Ascended it will have undergone profound functional changes that prevent it from being compatible with the previous game.
- festive events – We plan to develop and launch ARK: Survival Ascended-Exclusive festive content that takes advantage of the next-gen pipeline released in mods, so they’re always available to play!
- Official Servers – With the release of ARK: Survival Ascended At the end of August, we will be shutting down all official servers on Xbox, PlayStation, and PC for ARK: Survival Evolved—at that time, the final saved data of the ARK: Survival Evolved Official servers will be uploaded for players to re-host on their own servers or play in single player/non-dedicated mode, as well as slightly older snapshots. You will still be able to play on single player, non-dedicated, player-dedicated, and unofficial servers.
- Sunset – With the release of ARK: Survival Ascended, we will be ending official support for Primitive+, Split Screen, and procedurally generated maps. These aspects of the game will not carry over to the new version of Unreal Engine 5.
- We will look into publishing the Primitive+ source files for those who wish to reuse aspects of it for mods.
- ARK: Ascended Survival Updates – The remaster will have regular updates to fix bugs, introduce new content, balance changes, and quality of life improvements for years to come.
- ARK: Survival Evolved updates – Will be limited to crashes and critical bug fixes.