Going back to my roots today with this Russian salad recipe. For those of you who don’t know I was born in Russia and grew up in Australia + the US (and nope I do not still have that Aussie accent – that was gobbled up quickly by the heavier American accent).
While I spent my “public” life speaking in English and devouring pb&j sandwiches (jk, I never ate those), at home I was communicating strictly in Russian and enjoying all sorts of strange and foreign sounding delicacies – think caviar, herring, beef tongue.
- 1.5 cup diced pickles 3-4
- 1.5 cup diced boiled carrots 3-6
- 1.5 cup diced boiled beets 2
- 1.5 cup halved white gigante beans 1 can, rinsed and drained (or cannellini beans)
- dill for garnish
- 6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil or vegan mayonnaise
- salt/pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients and mix.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.