I LOVE pasta! I mean, who doesn’t?! It can be made into so many different recipes – from salads to main courses, and is always delicious!! I mean, yes, they have carbs, but this girl needs them in her life because I cook with them ALL the time. In fact, now that I think about it, we usually have pasta at least once a week. From Spaghetti to Fettuccine Alfred, it’s something the whole family loves so we have it quite often. This next dish is another one of those dishes you can add to the meal plan, because it’s simple and definitely delicious. This Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta is great on it’s own but could be even heartier if you add chicken or another favorite meat to eat.
- 1 box (1 lb) penne pasta
- 3 TB butter
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 3 TB flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to packaged directions.
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan, add garlic.
- Cook for 1 minute over medium heat
- Add flour and cook for an additional minute, stirring constantly.
- Add milk and broth, stirring constantly. Cook until sauce boils and thickens.
- Add parsley and parmesan cheese. Add desired salt and pepper. Continue stirring until cheese has melted. Serve immediately.
- Pour sauce over pasta and serve.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.