OMG today myfoodstory brings you a new chicken recipe that is insanely delicious, totally fuss free and only takes one pan to make! This caramelized onion and rosemary chicken makes it to our dinner table at least twice a week now. Every time we open the fridge and realize we are out of everything except chicken (happens quite often), we end up with this. Not complaining at all.
- 500 grams Chicken (Bone-In Skin-On Thighs)
- 1 teaspoon Chili Powder (or Paprika Powder)
- 1 tablespoon Ginger Garlic (Paste)
- 1 tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 tablespoon (Oil)
- 1 tablespoon Butter
- 4 Onions (large , sliced)
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 1 – 2 sprigs Rosemary (, finely chopped)
- to taste Salt
- Mix together chili powder (or paprika), ginger garlic paste and lemon juice in a bowl. Rub this mixture all over the chicken thighs and set aside for 10 minutes while you get the rest of your ingredients ready.
- Heat oil and butter in a cast iron pan and add the chicken thighs to it. Brown on high heat for 2 minutes on either side. Reduce the flame and add onions, rosemary and salt. Mix well and cover and cook for 25 minutes till the thighs are cooked through.
- Mix together 2 tablespoons water with honey and add it to the pan. The honey mixture will start sizzling. Mix well so that it coats the chicken and switch off the flame after a minute or two.
- Serve caramelized onion rosemary chicken thighs with a side of steamed rice or bread.
Get more stuff like this
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting stuff and updates to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.